Sunday, February 23, 2014
FREE Beginners Photoshop Classes! Saturdays at 1:00 pm at John Steinbeck Library in Salinas. Starting March 1, 2014. Bring in your photos and fix them during class, or create your own digital scrapbook!
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
The Summer Reading Program is Here! Check out the flyer for the Salinas Public Library's summer reading events!
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
You can change the background of your photo in just 10 simple steps using Photoshop Elements 10 at the Digital Arts Lab.
1. Open your photo in Photoshop.
2. Use the Quick Selection Tool to select the person.
4. Click "Delete" or "Backspace" on your keyboard.
5. Select < Deselect (on the Top Menu Bar)
6. In the Layers Panel, Double-Click "Background" layer and click "OK" in the pop-up box. This will unlock the layer and rename it as "Layer 0"
7. Open flower image
8. Drag flower image from the "Project Bin" onto your photo
9. In the Layers Panel, move "layer 0" to the top of the layers
10. File < Save As (on the Top Menu Bar)
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
This week is National Library week! We are celebrating with various events throughout the week. Snappy the Tortoise is turning five years old this week and everyone is invited to his birthday parties.
The Digital Arts Labs are still open and available for everyone to use.
Click Here to view the whole flyer